Nov 29, 2012

All Dogs Go to Heaven

Saw All Dogs Go to Heaven. It felt very over-stuffed to me, not in an entirely bad way. It may be that all children's movies are like this and I'm only just now noticing. There's a lot of little flourishes to catch in repeat viewings but the effect is a little busy and overwhelming the first time 'round. This includes the plot which really zips along, leaving threads dangling and picked up again sort of arbitrarily (or at least unpredictably.) The little girl was very well animated (weirdly it seemed like a lot of attention was given to getting her tights just right) the only prominent adults less so (the woman especially creeped me out). I was happy that the dogs very rarely looked like humans in suits and were generally animated in a rolly-polly silly-dog sort of way. The movie was too cute for any of the threats in the film to be taken very seriously though. The sad scenes were way more effective than the scary ones. Perhaps my adult shell of cynicism is just too thick for me to unreservedly enjoy this one, but it was alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment