Dec 9, 2012

Ordinary People

Saw Ordinary People. An obligatorily ironic title because of course the film is about people who are rich and troubled. Usually I'm annoyed by such movies because they often revolve around who to marry or how to save face or other such "problems" but this one I liked. It earned its sentiment and was genuinely sad and troubling. The characters (particularly the dad) did pretty much what I would have done which saved me some mental shouting at the screen. There was only one character who behaved inhumanly but that was a major plot-point. Always a plus in a drama.

Also, main character on swim-team = dripping guys in speedos. Awesome. I don't know why America has seized upon football as the go-to high school sport when this is clearly preferable.

No comments:

Post a Comment