Nov 13, 2016

The Transporter

Saw The Transporter (thanks, Basil!) It was a very European sort of mix of Fast and Furious and Rambo. The film is clearly the result of a car enthusiast day-dreaming about driving fancy cars, wearing neato watches, and being a super-cool guy who transports various stuff for the mob or something. He listens to classical music and so smart and cool and oh my god wouldn't that be cool!?

Unsurprisingly, I didn't think much of this film. The plot, such as it is, is that this super-cool trucker has to transport a sexy lady who of course he sees all tied up and just can't help but fall in love with her. The treatment of this woman (who is a hacker I guess but also a damsel in distress) is a bit gross but, full disclosure, I did really enjoy the super homo-erotic fight scene midway through the film (the protagonist gets shirtless, greases himself up, and kisses another dude on the mouth) so I guess it's sleazy, but at least it's equal-opportunity sleaze.

Anyway, the film is a wish-fulfillment fantasy for wishes I do not have. A complete miss for me. Very well-made and not at all amateurish, it nevertheless was too blatantly self-indulgent and masturbatory in a way that did not arouse my interest. Next, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment