Jan 2, 2018

The Naked Gun 2½

Saw The Naked Gun 2½, a Leslie Nielsen comedy in the style of Spike Jones - an everything-and-the-kitchen-sink style comedy which references pop culture issues (the Exxon Valedeze oil spill) jostle for space with fart jokes and billiard balls falling on distinguished heads. If you've seen any of the Police Files show, you'll know what you're in for. It's not surprising, but it's reliable.

I think I have one more of these to see and I'm looking forward to being done with them. They're funny and an interesting look at a time I just missed (their references to Dukkakis are hilariously scathing) but I haven't been surprised by anything in these movies since the beginning. I hope they go dark for the last one. Picture this: Leslie Nielsen is a bumbling doctor in a children's hospital, during one surgery he's unable to concentrate because of a busty nurse. In his distraction, he sutures three children into a human centipede. We can then go forward from there, Leslie creating an army of glued-together child-abominations and terrorizing a town. Basically I want to see a bare-chested Leslie Nielsen bellowing his defiance against god and nature from atop a pyramid of human skulls. Is that too much to ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment