Aug 26, 2012

The Killing Room

Saw The Killing Room. It's about four people locked in a room, tortured, etc. by the government (no wait, this project exists "outside the government" (?)) The magic words "post-911" are said as is the phrase "MK-ultra" and we're then expected to swallow the absurdities of the next hour or so without complaint. Perhaps I'm being too sensitive, but this premise fills me with more dismay and discomfort than the rest of the movie. Just the idea that this is now a plausible thing. Ugh. I was also annoyed by the loud bangs following barely audible dialogue (which was mumbled. Seriously, this was a big problem. I had to keep rewinding it.) Nice "scares," guys. An uncomfortable watch for me, but I think not in the way it was intended to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment