Sep 2, 2012

Night Watch

Saw Night Watch. It was a lot of fun. It got kind of bogged down in slow-motion and flashbacks near the end and there are a lot of loose ends of course. I kind of feel like I'm cheating the movie by not immediately watching the sequels. Apparently it was originally intended to be a four-part miniseries for TV. I think it would have been better in that format. There's a neat world here to be explored, but we're breathlessly rushing about it in one cataclysm after another. The opening scene with its Matrix-like suggestion of mysteries hiding just beneath the surface was my favorite part of the film. I was annoyed at the endless camera-tricks on display, but I do have a great weakness for strange visuals and in that this movie successfully delivered. All in all, not as good as I was hoping, but not bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment