Sep 23, 2013

Class of Nuke 'Em High

Saw Class of Nuke 'Em High. I didn't really like it. Unfortunately I think not liking this movie is kind of the intended response for people like me. I can't think of an example of what I didn't like that doesn't sound like some kind of endorsement. It's ugly, weird, and messy, too outrageous and yet somehow not outrageous enough, too much reliance on gross-out gags, tits, and costuming, low-to-no-budget special effects and has a resoundingly stupid plot. So yeah, ok, this film is crazy. Unfortunately, this time 'crazy' does not mean 'exciting' or 'fresh.' Watching this film is kind of like watching a group of little kids play dress-up and make a godawful mess out of a well-furnished room. Yeah sure, wild and crazy and kind of subversive I guess (in a way,) but to what end? I'm not entertained by mere destruction. Even pretend destruction makes me vaguely uncomfortable. So clearly the film is working on me in some way, against my will. I wasn't bored at least. I want to see more Troma films someday. I can't decide if their house style is gloriously, intelligently stupid (and I'm just resisting/not seeing it,) or if it's just plain old regular stupid. Bad films are so complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment