Feb 18, 2018

The Jerk

Saw The Jerk. I think it may be the first Steve Martin movie that I've really, genuinely enjoyed. Most of the time his humor is a tad too dry for me. I'm never sure if he's serious or just being folksy or being ironically folksy or what but this one was good. It follows a very stupid man having very stupid adventures. He dates a motorcycle-riding woman, sings songs on the beach, and goes travelling with his dog. There's much delightfully silly business.

There's some racial stuff ("I was born a poor black boy...") that's not offensive (as far as I can tell anyway) but is certainly weird enough that I think that no one would touch it in this modern time. It's a fun film tho. There's not a whole lot going on appart from silly fun. I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment