Oct 30, 2013

Evil Dead 2

Saw Evil Dead 2 (thanks, Steven!) It was a lot of fun. Creepy in parts, but so full of fluids and goofy spectacle it didn't really register as a horror. It's completely over-the-top and invites its own loving mockery. Unfortunately, I really don't have much to say about it. I don't want to spoil any of the scenes (the 'groovy' scene is fairly well known, but apart from being stupid and awesome, I don't have anything to add) and anyway they're much more reliant on rubber suits and gallons of colored liquids than on cleverness or visual poetry. There's no tree-rape this time around. The entire thing is kind of campy and spectacular. (I feel like I'm just saying the same things over again.)

Suffice to say it was exactly what I expected and I'm tired right now. Sorry to disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment