Jul 15, 2013

Alien 3

Saw Alien 3. It was a lot better than I was expecting. I keep anticipating a fall-off into camp from this series but it's always pretty solid. I liked this one a lot more than Aliens. This one had strange high-voiced murderers and a healthy dose of the corporate paranoia we all know and love from this series. I love all the hard-SF trappings of it. It really feels like there's a world we're looking into. The series is pretty well ended though. I don't see what they'll do for Alien 4.

Edit: Apparently both fans and even the director hated this movie. Well I liked it. They hate the very sense of futility I enjoyed about it. So I win.

2 comments:

  1. I liked this one -- Fincher is very atmospheric. Also, this movie has a very late 80's/early 90's feel. Something about the film quality?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out William Gibson's script for Alien III:
    http://home.online.no/~bhundlan/scripts/alien3/gibson.htm

    ReplyDelete