Aug 2, 2013

Crocodile Dundee 2

Saw Crocodile Dundee 2 (Thanks, Kim!) This time around, it's an action-adventure and I think Dundee fares better in this genre than he does in rom-com. Having a protagonist who is clearly god's favored son is almost to be expected in an action film and I therefore do not count that against the film. Also, it's nice to see him doing something more active. I really liked seeing him competently sneaking around the drug-lord's house. The return-trip to Australia was nice (even though I thought it might happen.) I was kind of blindsided by how quickly the kidnapping was dispatched. It makes sense in retrospect, but why not just start by fleeing into the bush? Of course that way madness lies. Why bother questioning the tall tales of the backwoodsmen? Just sit back and enjoy it.

All in all, I think the second Dundee bore my scrutiny better than the first, but I'd still prefer to scrutinize something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment